Although his show Partners was cancelled back in November, Michael Urie has found work on another comedy. EW has exclusively learned that Urie — who used to star as the beloved Marc St. James on ABC’s Ugly Betty — will guest star on the next season of TV Land’s hit Hot in Cleveland.
Tag: Michael Urie (1-3 of 3)
CBS pilot verdicts are in: Four dramas, two comedies — including a Sherlock Holmes detective series and sitcom about working at Groupon. The network also picked up a reality show from Mark Burnett.
CBS has given a half-dozen scripted projects series orders for next season, starting with Elementary, a modern-day New York City-based drama series that’s sounded like a no-brainer for the network’s brand since it was first developed. Jonny Lee Miller plays Sherlock, Lucy Liu gives a feminine twist to Watson. Aidan Quinn co-stars.
The network’s most intriguing-sounding new drama is Vegas, a period piece set in the 1960s centered around the true story of Ralph Lamb: rodeo cowboy turned longtime sheriff of Las Vegas. On paper, this one seemed like a long shot given the way fellow recent ’60s-set dramas Pan Am and Playboy Club fared in the ratings. But if you’re going to dip into the past on CBS, you can’t get much safer than doing a Vegas-set crime drama — you could almost call it a CSI prequel. Plus the cast is great: Dennis Quaid is the sheriff, Michael Chiklis is a mob fixer, plus there’s Jason O’Mara and Carrie-Ann Moss. READ FULL STORY
- 'Rush Hour,' 2 more pilots ordered by CBS
- 'Chicago P.D.' role for 'Shameless' alum
- Emma Watson as 'Beauty and the Beast' Belle
- Sam Smith's 'Stay With Me' = Tom Petty cash
- Dropkick Murphys vote no on pol using song
- Chris Weitz in as 'Star Wars' film writer: Report
- Cosby accused by ex-film exec Cindra Ladd
- 'Birdman' wins Best Cast at SAG Awards
- Nick Jonas + Ryan Murphy's 'Scream Queens'
- 'Mission: Impossible 5' moves to July 31
- Tom DeLonge: 'I'm not leaving Blink-182'
- 'X-Men' TV series? Fox in early stage talks