Although his show Partners was cancelled back in November, Michael Urie has found work on another comedy. EW has exclusively learned that Urie — who used to star as the beloved Marc St. James on ABC’s Ugly Betty — will guest star on the next season of TV Land’s hit Hot in Cleveland.
Tag: Michael Urie (1-3 of 3)
CBS pilot verdicts are in: Four dramas, two comedies — including a Sherlock Holmes detective series and sitcom about working at Groupon. The network also picked up a reality show from Mark Burnett.
CBS has given a half-dozen scripted projects series orders for next season, starting with Elementary, a modern-day New York City-based drama series that’s sounded like a no-brainer for the network’s brand since it was first developed. Jonny Lee Miller plays Sherlock, Lucy Liu gives a feminine twist to Watson. Aidan Quinn co-stars.
The network’s most intriguing-sounding new drama is Vegas, a period piece set in the 1960s centered around the true story of Ralph Lamb: rodeo cowboy turned longtime sheriff of Las Vegas. On paper, this one seemed like a long shot given the way fellow recent ’60s-set dramas Pan Am and Playboy Club fared in the ratings. But if you’re going to dip into the past on CBS, you can’t get much safer than doing a Vegas-set crime drama — you could almost call it a CSI prequel. Plus the cast is great: Dennis Quaid is the sheriff, Michael Chiklis is a mob fixer, plus there’s Jason O’Mara and Carrie-Ann Moss. READ FULL STORY
- 'Magic Mike XXL': No Matthew McConaughey
- 'Big Brother': Final three houseguests are...
- '7th Heaven' cast reunites (minus Ruthie)
- Iggy Azalea sues ex-boyfriend over songs
- Aubrey Plaza: Voice of Lifetime's Grumpy Cat
- Bill Hader to host 'SNL' on Oct. 11
- Matt Smith + Jane Austen + zombies
- James D'Arcy as Edwin Jarvis in 'Agent Carter'
- 'Destiny': $325M in sales in five days
- Tom Hiddleston to star in 'Skull Island'