MSNBC’s Thomas Roberts will be getting used to early hours as the new host of the network’s Way Too Early program. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Morning shows (1-4 of 4)
Just call him Carson Twice-Daly.
The host of NBC’s Last Call — which airs weeknights at 1:35 a.m. Eastern — just snagged himself a morning job. Today has announced that on Sept. 16, Daly will join the show permanently as “the host of our brand new Orange Room,” a sort of digital/social media lounge that “connects the show and the audience like never before.”
In other words: He is to Today as Christina Milian is (was?) to The Voice.
Everyone recalls Ann Curry’s teary departure from the Today show last summer — a culmination of weeks of rumors, and, it was later revealed, months of planning. And now a New York Times Magazine report released Thursday dives deep into the behind-the-scenes drama that led to her ousting and characterizes the morning show’s work environment as mean-spirited and filled with calculating moves.
For its part, a representative for the NBC show says: “We are focused on covering several major news stories this week and producing the best show we can for our viewers, not on year-old gossip.”
You can read the Times story in full here; the report is adapted from NYT media reporter Brian Stelter’s upcoming book Top of the Morning: Inside the Cutthroat World of Morning TV.
Some highlights below: READ FULL STORY
Another morning show is joining the crowd: CNN has just announced a new morning news program co-hosted by Chris Cuomo and Kate Bolduan. Michaela Pereira will be the program’s news anchor, joining CNN after nine years as host of KTLA Morning News in Los Angeles. “I’ve been looking forward to this announcement since I first joined CNN,” said president of CNN Worldwide Jeff Zucker in a release. “Chris, Kate and Michaela are a dynamic team that will give our viewers in America a new way to start their day. We were floored with excitement when we saw Chris and Kate together on screen, and by adding Michaela to the mix we feel we have something very special. We believe there is an opening to do news in the morning with a fresh, new voice.”
Cuomo joined CNN in January from ABC, where he was previously a co-anchor on 20/20 and a news anchor on Good Morning America. Bolduan joined CNN in 2007, and currently is the co-anchor of The Situation Room With Wolf Blitzer.
The new show will premiere this spring.
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Bachelor' finale: Talk about Juan Pablo's choice!
- 'Bachelorette': It's Andi Dorfman
- 'How I Met Your Mother' recap: 'Daisy'
- 'Believe': First impressions?
- 'Saving Mr. Banks': A key scene we didn't see
- 'Dallas' recap: 'Playing Chicken'
- Cristin Milioti: 'HIMYM' buzz on Mother's fate 'crazy'
- 'Simpsons': Inside Sunday's Marcia Wallace tribute
Top 5 Most Read
- 'True Detective' season finale: What happened? -- SPOILERS
- 'True Detective' finale review: Truth, justice, and the satisfying…
- New 'Game of Thrones' trailer: 'Do you know what they did to my brother? And my mother?' -- VIDEO
- '24: Live Another Day': Jack Bauer warns of a 'world war' -- VIDEO
- Justin Bieber winks, refuses to talk Selena Gomez in deposition -- VIDEO