As if there aren’t quite enough reruns of Jon Favreau and Will Ferrell’s 2003 holiday hit Elf on television for fans this holiday season, NBC is debuting a new take on the modern Christmas classic.
Tag: musical (1-2 of 2)
Picture this: Sookie Stackhouse is walking through the cemetery next to her house late at night when she sees Bill across the way. Suddenly, she can’t control herself anymore. But instead of running to him—much like she did in season 1—she bursts into song.
Sounds strange…but it could happen. EW has confirmed that True Blood composer Nathan Barr has pitched the idea for a True Blood musical. Barr told the Associated Press that the musical, which he’d like to be in workshop stages a year from now, would “try to return to the roots of the show.” It’s not clear yet whether that means cast members would return for the new project—although Stephen Moyer reportedly helped Barr put together samples for his pitch.
As far as HBO is concerned, this project is still in “very early discussions.”
- Sony hires real-life inspiration for Olivia Pope
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- Sony CEO: We've 'not caved, not given in'
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- 'Once Upon a Time' casts Ernie Hudson as...
- 'White Collar' series finale: How it ended
- David Schwimmer cast as Robert Kardashian
- Kate Upton is People 'Sexiest Woman Alive'
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks