Four days after blasting his Two and a Half Men replacement Ashton Kutcher, Charlie Sheen posted an open letter of apology to Kutcher on his website:
I was disrespectful to a man doing his best. READ FULL STORY »
The actress who plays Nora on One Life to Live told EW that while she thought Prospect Park was “biting off a lot” by attempting to take the canceled ABC soap online, ”I thought it was doable.”
“It was a noble attempt and I believe they really wanted to do this,” said Hillary B. Smith in response to the shocking news that Prospect Park has shuttered plans to bring OLTL and All My Children to its planned Online Network launching in 2012. The media and production company founded in 2009 by Jeffrey Kwatinetz and former Disney Studios head Rich Frank was unable to reach guild deals to make the soaps’ run on the internet a reality. READ FULL STORY »
According to a report in the New York Times, after being deadlocked in labor negotiations, the National Basketball Players Association decided to disband on Monday, leaving the fate of 2011-2012 up to an entirely different kind of court.
“The players just felt that they had given enough, that the NBA was not willing or prepared to continue to negotiate,” Billy Hunter, the executive director of the NBPA, said at Monday’s press conference alongside NBA players, adding, “Things were not going to get better.” As explained by the NYT, “Without a union, the players are now free to sue the NBA under antitrust laws and challenge the legality of the lockout.” READ FULL STORY »
Disappointing news for fans of All My Children, which was supposed to earn a second lease on life next year when it was supposed to resurface via The Online Network in January. The company that bought it from ABC may hold off premiering it for at least a few months and focus on getting One Life to Life back to fans, instead, according to Variety.
Prospect Park, a media and production company founded in 2009 by Jeffrey Kwatinetz and former Disney Studios head Rich Frank, bought AMC and OLTL last July after ABC canceled them. (AMC ended in September; OLTL goes away in January). The hope was to bow new installments of AMC online starting in January, but that was before Prospect started having a tough time securing stars from the longtime serial (here’s looking at you, Susan Lucci!).
So far, only Cameron Mathison (Ryan Lavery) and Lindsay Hartley (Dr. Cara Castillo Martin) have agreed to continue with AMC once it goes online. In contrast, OLTL’s Erika Slezak (Victoria Lord), along with Ted King (Tomas Delgado), Michael Easton (John McBain) and Kassie DePaiva (Blair Cramer), among others, will stay in the fictitious town of Llanview for Prospect’s new venture.
Along with the soaps, The Online Network is supposed to feature entertainment and lifestyle shows.
After apologizing and temporarily shutting down his Twitter feed after a controversial tweet about Joe Paterno yesterday, Ashton Kutcher announced today that he’s handing his Twitter account over to his management. After criticizing Twitter’s shift from “a conversation” to “volatile fodder for critics,” he defensively explained the circumstances of his lightning rod post last night.
Still, he apologized to his 8.2 million followers, “I truly am sorry if I offended anyone and more over [sic] am going to take action to ensure that it doesn’t happen again.” He expressed regret that he will no longer have a one-on-one relationship with his fans, but said, “Clearly the platform has become to big to be managed by a single individual.”
Ashton Kutcher jumps blindly into Joe Paterno firestorm, shuts down Twitter account after apologizing
Ashton Kutcher wants to talk truth
Ashton Kutcher’s strange recent tweets: What does it all mean?!
It seems like Two and a Half Men continues to be television’s number one sitcom… featuring controversial leading man.
Ashton Kutcher came under fire when he sent out an uninformed tweet in response to the firing of Penn State football coach Joe Paterno. Kutcher, who has found himself in trouble before for his questionably insensitive tweets, posted, “How do you fire Jo Pa? #insult #noclass as a hawkeye fan I find it in poor taste.” (That tweet, pictured below, has since been taken down.)
Looks like the apology from Hank Williams Jr. didn’t count for much: ESPN has decided to permanently cut the singer’s song “All My Rowdy Friends” from Monday Night Football. “We have decided to part ways with Hank Williams, Jr,” ESPN said in a statement. “We appreciate his contributions over the past years. The success of Monday Night Football has always been about the games and that will continue.”
Interestingly, Williams took to his own website to say it was his decision to leave the network. “After reading hundreds of e-mails, I have made MY decision,” he wrote. “By pulling my opening Oct 3rd, You (ESPN) stepped on the Toes of The First Amendment Freedom of Speech, so therefore Me, My Song, and All My Rowdy Friends are OUT OF HERE. It’s been a great run.” READ FULL STORY »
A homophobic rant by Jeff Schroeder inside the Big Brother house is not expected to air in an upcoming telecast, but CBS opted to release a statement today in response to his remarks. (On the live feeds, Schroeder – an all-star who returned this year as part of the show’s dynamic duo twist — addresses the sexuality of Professor Dumbledore in the Harry Potter series by saying, “he’s in school with little kids! You don’t want to make that guy gay!”
“Big Brother is a reality show about watching a group of people who have no privacy 24/7 — and seeing every moment of their lives,” according to the CBS statement. “At times, the houseguests make comments, reveal prejudices and other beliefs that we do not condone. Any views or opinions expressed in personal commentary by a houseguest appearing on Big Brother, either on any live feed from the house or the broadcast, are those of the individual(s) speaking and do not represent the views or opinions of CBS or the producers of the program.”
UPDATE: The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) has also responded to Schroeder’s comments on Big Brother, and to CBS’ words about the rant. Asking, “Why does CBS keep bringing him back?”, GLAAD recollects that Schroeder used anti-gay slurs back in 2009 when he appeared on the 11th season. “So what did CBS do to wash their hands of the openly anti-gay reality star? They made him a contestant on season 16 of The Amazing Race, and followed that by featuring on the CBS web series Around the World for Free in 2010. Now they’ve brought him back a third time for another chance to win Big Brother … Given his already proven track record, CBS must have expected that he would be bringing his openly anti-gay attitudes back with him. Is this the kind of drama they were hoping to see unfold? Is this the type of person they want associated with both the CBS and Big Brother brands?” CBS is not commenting on GLAAD’s words.
MSNBC took immediate action today by suspending senior political analyst Mark Halperin after he used a vulgarity to describe President Obama during today’s Morning Joe. Halperin was addressing President Obama’s Wednesday press briefing with host Joe Scarborough when he asked, “Are we on the seven-second delay?” Assuming that he could speak freely, he then said, “I thought he was a d–k yesterday.” Watch it below. READ FULL STORY »