Tag: Parenthood (66-78 of 85)
I’m Super-Ecstatic About:
* The nods for Friday Night Lights‘ long-overdue leads, Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton.
* Parks and Recreation‘s Amy Poehler being up for lead actress.
* Glee standout Chris Colfer sneaking into the supporting-actor race. Ditto his awesome TV dad, Mike O’Malley (for guest actor).
* Elizabeth Mitchell snagging a guest-actress nod for Lost. Ditto Matthew Fox (for lead actor).
* All the Modern Family love.
* Jim Parsons’ second consecutive nod for The Big Bang Theory.
* The Good Wife‘s rockin’ female trio (Julianna Margulies, Archie Panjabi, and Christine Baranski) all making the cut.
* Burn Notice breaking through via a nod for Sharon Gless.
I’m Rolling My Eyes About: READ FULL STORY »
How do I love thee NBC’s Parenthood? Let me count the ways…
1. Lauren Graham.
2. Peter Krause.
3. Dax Shepard.
4. The following super-fun and surprisingly heartfelt video, shot this morning at NBC’s upfront and featuring reasons 1-3. READ FULL STORY »
Every year prior to Emmy nominations, the suits at the major TV studios stuff voters’ mailboxes with tons of DVDs featuring what they feel are their shows’ best episodes of the season. I just got a hold of Universal Media Studios’ fancy Emmy kit, and here are the episodes they chose to single out from this season’s Office, 30 Rock, Parenthood, etc. Note: These may differ from the formal submissions that are used in determining the winners. Also, keep in mind that Emmy-worthy episodes that aired after the mailer deadline could not be included, which is presumably why SNL didn’t include the Betty White episode.
“Dealbreakers Talk Show #0001″
Aired: Dec. 3, 2009
Everyone tries to be who they’re not, and Liz gets bangs.
“Anna Howard Shaw Day”
Aired: Feb. 11, 2010
Valentine’s Day; Liz gets a root canal. READ FULL STORY »
Question: We’re due for a really good Huddy scene on House. —Juliana
Ausiello: I think there’s one coming in the season finale. “The finale is sort of a very unusual circumstance in that it [deals with an emergency] outside of the hospital,” explains exec producer Katie Jacobs. “Every doctor in the area is basically called because it’s a genuine, immediate, tragic situation. Fans can expect to see a heroic House, and that’s not lost on Cuddy at all.”
Question: Please tell me that CSI is taking Catherine/Vartann further. Catherine hasn’t had a stable relationship on the show in 10 years and I really loved their scenes earlier this month. —Steph
Ausiello: I hear we’ll find out exactly where things stand with those two in the season finale. Same goes for Wendy and Hodges.
Question: What else can you tell me about The Big Bang Theory‘s flashback episode on May 17? —Charlie
Ausiello: We’ll find out that the roommate contract Sheldon made Leonard sign back in 2002 included a deal point that required them to watch a certain sci-fi show every Friday night. Guesses? Hit the comments! READ FULL STORY »
Question: Any more clues on who dies on Private Practice? —Katie
Ausiello: Well, Addison was already a long shot, but considering what happens to her in the finale, I can’t imagine Shonda Rhimes would be so cruel as to kill her. [MAJOR SPOILER ALERT] “You’ve watched her get really beat up all season,” says the boss lady, so “I wanted to sort of see her have a chance at really being happy…to finally sort of get the guy and find some peace.” (No word if the guy she gets is named Pete or Sam.)
Question: Do you know anything about House‘s season finale? —Eva
Ausiello: I know it will raise some big questions about a certain character’s future on the show.
Question: Please give me some The Good Wife scoop! —Hayley
Ausiello: Look for Alicia to make a pact with the devil — a.k.a. Eli — in order to save her job in the May 11 episode. READ FULL STORY »