Project Runway is down to the final three contestants, but while it looks like Mondo has the title all but wrapped up, is there a chance he might actually lose to Andy or Gretchen? Our resident Runway expert, Missy Schwartz, has seen the final collections, and joins InsideTV (Michael Slezak, Michael Ausiello, Annie Barrett and yours truly) to talk all about it on our latest InsideTV podcast. Could there be an upset in the making, or is it Mondo all the way? Also on the menu this week: Entertainment Weekly critic Ken Tucker pops by to give us his pick for the best show on TV. Could it be The Good Wife? Modern Family? Or is there a dark horse in the mix? He also gets into a deliciously nasty spat with Ausiello over his pick for biggest TV disappointment this season. FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Plus, Slezak eats serious crow for last week’s fearless (and foolhardy) Dancing With the Stars prediction, and we contemplate how in the name of the Medallion of Power Marty managed to not get voted off of Survivor: Nicaragua. All that and more (Mad Men! Glee! Raising Hope!) on the latest edition of the InsideTV. Either download the mp3 file here to listen on the go, or click on the player. And if you’d like to have your TV question addressed and answered on the next edition, just tweet it to @InsideTVPodcast.
Tag: Parenthood (66-78 of 96)
Lauren Graham’s dance card on Parenthood is officially full.
Sources confirm to me exclusively that Kevin Alejandro—a.k.a. Lafayette’s current squeeze, Jesus, on True Blood—is joining the NBC drama for a multi-episode arc as a possible love interest for Graham’s Sarah. Alejandro will have to duke it out with Billy Baldwin, who, as I reported last month, is also coming on board as a suitor for Sarah. READ FULL STORY
At last night’s NBC press tour bash, my favorite Parenthood couple, Erika Christensen and Sam Jaeger, confirmed reports that season 2 will find Julia and Joel contemplating [spoiler alert]. Jaeger also spilled the beans about his emotionally-charged confrontation with [spoiler alert] on the [spoiler alert] in the premiere. The spoilerific two-part interview is after the jump! READ FULL STORY
The Television Critics Association Press Tour kicked off Tuesday with a visit to the set of NBC’s second- best drama (after Friday Night Lights, natch), Parenthood. The entire Braverman clan, save for Mae Whitman, who was at the premiere of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, was on hand to answer questions, including one about balancing story lines for the sprawling cast. “We’re planning on killing them off one episode at a time,” executive producer Jason Katims joked in response. “I wanted to start with the [premiere], but [NBC president of prime-time entertainment] Angela Bromstad wisely encouraged me to wait until sweeps.”
All joking aside, here’s some intel we gathered on the new season… READ FULL STORY
I’m Super-Ecstatic About:
* The nods for Friday Night Lights‘ long-overdue leads, Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton.
* Parks and Recreation‘s Amy Poehler being up for lead actress.
* Glee standout Chris Colfer sneaking into the supporting-actor race. Ditto his awesome TV dad, Mike O’Malley (for guest actor).
* Elizabeth Mitchell snagging a guest-actress nod for Lost. Ditto Matthew Fox (for lead actor).
* All the Modern Family love.
* Jim Parsons’ second consecutive nod for The Big Bang Theory.
* The Good Wife‘s rockin’ female trio (Julianna Margulies, Archie Panjabi, and Christine Baranski) all making the cut.
* Burn Notice breaking through via a nod for Sharon Gless.
I’m Rolling My Eyes About: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Bachelor' finale recap: Bait and ditch
- 'Bachelorette': It's Andi Dorfman
- 'How I Met Your Mother' recap: 'Daisy'
- 'Voice': Shakira Jones and the Architect of Destiny
- 'Believe': First impressions?
- Cristin Milioti: 'HIMYM' buzz on Mother's fate 'crazy'
- 'True Detective' creator Nic Pizzolatto talks finale
- 'True Detective' season 1 finale: Our verdict