Although his show Partners was cancelled back in November, Michael Urie has found work on another comedy. EW has exclusively learned that Urie — who used to star as the beloved Marc St. James on ABC’s Ugly Betty — will guest star on the next season of TV Land’s hit Hot in Cleveland.
Tag: Partners (1-4 of 4)
Remember a show called Partners that aired on Fox back in the 1995? So do the creators of CBS’s upcoming fall comedy, Partners. And they are unfazed by the coincidence.
“I obviously knew Jeff [Greenstein] had done a show called Partners, but I wasn’t very familiar with it,” said executive producer David Kohan today during the show’s panel during the Television Critics Association Press Tour in Los Angeles.
Greenstein, who co-created the Fox show Partners, previously worked as a writer on Will & Grace, which Kohan and fellow executive producer Max Mutchnick created.
The Fox sitcom centered around two architects (Jon Cryer and Tate Donovan) and Donovan’s character’s fiancee. The CBS comedy follows two architects and lifelong friends (David Krumholtz and Michael Urie) and their respective lives with their significant others. It is based on Mutchnick and Kohan’s friendship, and they said they felt the title was a “perfect” fit for their show.
“[Greenstein] is a great writer. He worked for us for a number of years. It was a wonderful experience. I’m not really sure why [the similarities are] interesting,” Mutchnick said. “It’s just such a different world. I actually never saw Partners.”
Greenstein seems less than enthused about the similarities, tweeting “Gee, how’d THAT happen?” in response to a tweet that claimed the two shows were “eerily similar.”
Star Krumholtz, meanwhile, had hit own take on the matter: “Is it an ‘unfortunate coincidence’ that my character’s name is Tate Donovan?” Mutchnick had previously used the phrase “unfortunate coincidence” to describe the situation, but later redacted.
Ever get the feeling you’re being watched?
CBS just unveiled its official marketing key art for its four new fall shows: Elementary, Vegas, Partners and — going all crazy with a three-word title — Made in Jersey. The first few ads all features characters intently staring into your soul, eyeballing you into submission, while the cast of Partners has fun amongst themselves. Check out all the posters below and let us know what you think: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Animal': Feast your eyes on horror poster/trailer
- 'Scandal': Is Rowan or Cyrus the biggest creep?
- Record Store Day: Droolworthy discs
- 'Petals on the Wind': First Look trailer
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- 'Castle' goes '70s: Foxy Lanie!
- Johnny Depp: 20 hair dos and don'ts
- 'Office' series finale: Handled with Carell
Top 5 Most Read
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer teases what's next for Margaery
- Lindsay Lohan says 'sex list' is real, but there's an unfortunate reason…