During last year’s special Spawn of Jaws, Shark Week fans watched Dr. Michael Domeier tag a pregnant great white named Gil Rakers in hopes of eventually locating the pupping grounds, which need protection. He was helped by his friend Paul Walker, the actor who’d studied marine biology in college and had a passion for sharks and marine conservation. When Walker died in Nov. 2013, production had only recently begun on part two of that journey, Spawn of Jaws: The Birth, which premieres Aug. 13 at 10 p.m. ET on Discovery. As Domeier tells EW, he struggled with whether to finish the project: “Honestly, I really didn’t want to keep working on the film. But after a few months went by, I decided, ‘Okay, Paul would want us to finish it, let’s finish it.'” Seeing Walker’s smile in the exclusive clip below, it’s clear Domeier made the right call. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Paul Walker (1-1 of 1)
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC
- Ewan McGregor vs. 'Star Wars' faux fans
- Terry Keenan, Fox News and CNN alum, dies
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 34.3M views
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in'
- J.K. Rowling's new Dolores Umbridge story
- Taylor Swift's '1989': Losing herself in 'pop'?
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover