During last year’s special Spawn of Jaws, Shark Week fans watched Dr. Michael Domeier tag a pregnant great white named Gil Rakers in hopes of eventually locating the pupping grounds, which need protection. He was helped by his friend Paul Walker, the actor who’d studied marine biology in college and had a passion for sharks and marine conservation. When Walker died in Nov. 2013, production had only recently begun on part two of that journey, Spawn of Jaws: The Birth, which premieres Aug. 13 at 10 p.m. ET on Discovery. As Domeier tells EW, he struggled with whether to finish the project: “Honestly, I really didn’t want to keep working on the film. But after a few months went by, I decided, ‘Okay, Paul would want us to finish it, let’s finish it.'” Seeing Walker’s smile in the exclusive clip below, it’s clear Domeier made the right call. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Paul Walker (1-1 of 1)
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season 19 champ is...
- 'The Voice': Two eliminated singers are...
- 'Insurgent' music gig to Joseph Trapanese
- Joel McHale's 'Comments Section' pilot at E!
- 'Birdman' gets six Indie Spirit Award noms
- 'Hart of Dixie' return moved up to Dec. 15
- Bill Cosby biographer tweets: 'I was wrong'
- George Eads exiting 'CSI'
- 'Oz' Cowardly Lion costume sells for $3M
- 'Star Wars VII' trailer debuts this weekend