Looks like the claws are out: Hallmark Channel announced today that it will air a three-hour Kitten Bowl special on Super Bowl Sunday (Feb. 2, 2014), which will compete against Animal Planet’s popular Puppy Bowl, whose annual spectacle features a “Kitty Halftime Show.” READ FULL STORY
Tag: Puppy Bowl (1-4 of 4)
The Super Bowl’s epic power loss was Animal Planet’s gain.
The cable network’s cuteness-counter-programming special Puppy Bowl IX scored record viewership this year. A total of 2.6 million viewers tuned in for the show’s annual two-hour premiere, up 64 percent from last year. (Also, a total of 12.4 million sampled the telecast — watching 6 minutes or more — across all its repeats, which is also a record).
During the New Orleans’ Superdome’s 34-minute blackout on Sunday, viewership of a Puppy Bowl repeat climbed to 1.1 million viewers — a 54 percent increase compared to the prior segment. So the Super Bowl may have fallen short of breaking its viewership record, but the Animal Planet managed to lap up a few extra viewers.
The Super Bowl isn’t the only big game on Sunday. Animal Planet’s Puppy Bowl IX premieres at 3 p.m. ET, and the hedgehog cheerleaders and aren’t the only new additions. There’s more cameras than ever before — in the puppy hot tub and embedded in the chew toys. For the second year, actor and voice-over artist Dan Schachner (who voices promos for Showtime’s Shameless) suited up as The Ref. How does one get this job, and what does it entail? We asked him. READ FULL STORY
So, the Harbaugh brothers are coaching against each other in Super Bowl XLVII on Sunday? Big woof. In Puppy Bowl IX, EIGHT sets of siblings are facing off on the gridiron, including miniature pinscher brothers Re Re, Frances, and Winston, along with sister Agatha. Plus, all dogs have tested negative for deer-antler spray.
This year’s installment of the annual competition of cuteness, which airs Sunday at 3 p.m. on Animal Planet, will feature 63 young pooches scampering across a tiny football field. They will be cheered on by nine hedgehog cheerleaders, and entertained by a 21-kitten halftime show. Did you know: More than 250 puppy pee pads were used in the making of this spectacle? (Also, there was one humping incident.) READ FULL STORY
- 'Scandal'-ous picks for Entertainers of the Year!
- Tina + Amy: Darth Vader has two mommies?
- 'SNL' audition for black women in L.A.
- Golden Globes: 16 snubs that bugged YOU
- Globes: Comedy/Musical? Try Horror/Romance!
- 'Grey's Anatomy': A preview from Sarah Drew
- 'Vampire Diaries' midseason finale: What's at stake
- Portia de Rossi to visit 'Sean Saves the World'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale post-mortem: Burning questions answered
- Lea Michele opens up about Cory Monteith to Ellen DeGeneres
- Beastie Boys sue GoldieBlox for copyright infringement over 'Girls' video
- Golden Globes nominations shocking TV snubs
- '12 Years a Slave' and 'American Hustle' lead Golden Globe nominees