So much for out-of-town tryouts. On Friday night, Charlie Sheen brought his Violent Torpedo of Truth/Defeat is Not an Option tour to New York City, where he delivered an hour-long show to a more-or-less capacity crowd at Radio City Music Hall. There was no warm-up act, and the show has been shorn of bells and whistles, though the hour did include a replay of the overly long parody video of his Andrea Canning interview on 20/20, as if anyone needed to see that YouTube clip one more time. In speaking about the evening, let me not mince words: It was Detroit all over again, an aimless and slovenly disaster, with the crowd taking less than 20 minutes to turn on him. And once they did, the boos and the catcalls just kept slowly escalating. The rumors of a better, more disciplined and lively show that had emerged during the last week out of Chicago and Ohio never came close to materializing. Does Sheen wonder, at this point, what he’s doing wrong? It was obvious that he found the mounting audience hostility at Radio City a little flabbergasting. He jeered at the jeerers, and often seemed to be saying, with a grimace of attitude: Why the hell are you people heckling me if you paid to see me? He didn’t seem to get that the audience was answering back: Because we didn’t want you to suck. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Radio City Music Hall (1-1 of 1)
- Nelson Mandela: 5 movie touchstones
- 'Sound of Music' live blog: It's on!
- 'Frozen' to ice out Katniss at box office?
- 'Mandela' biopic: First Look featurette
- Paul Walker: End of the 'F&F' fantasy?
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' coming in 2016
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' trailer: Did you notice...?
- 'Justice League': Let's cast it!
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Sound of Music Live!': Take a peek at dress rehearsal -- PHOTOS
- Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman: 13 thoughts on the bombshell-casting bombshell
- 'Glee': Watch Rachel, Kurt, and Santana sing with a hot shirtless Santa --…
- 'The Sound of Music': Carrie Underwood on tonight's live show and hate tweets from Julie Andrews fans
- 'Survivor' recap: Hayden's rustling feathers