Tag: Rashida Jones (1-8 of 8)
Adios, Ann. Later, Traeger. A pregnant nurse/beautiful tropical fish and an impossibly cheery city manager are packing up and leaving Pawnee to begin their new life together in Ann Arbor. Tonight’s episode of Parks and Recreation, which airs at 8:30 p.m. on NBC, will serve as the goodbye gala for Ann Perkins (Rashida Jones) and Chris Traeger (Rob Lowe), and you can only imagine how Leslie (Amy Poehler) will handle the parting of ways with her best friend. (To do less imagining and more receiving of actual hints from executive producer Michael Schur, click here with your tear-stained mouse.) READ FULL STORY
You might want to treat yo’self to a box of Kleenex: It is time to bid adieu to Chris Traeger, literally the most optimistic (and fastest) person in Pawnee, and Ann Perkins (Ann Perkins!), you beautiful, naïve, sophisticated newborn baby. Yes, the last episode of Parks and Recreation featuring Rob Lowe and Rashida Jones airs tonight at 8:30 p.m. on NBC, as Chris and Ann ride off together into the Midwest sunset (before Lowe becomes a tennis pro and Jones joins the LAPD).
“It was exactly as bittersweet as I imagined it would be,” executive producer Michael Schur says of filming the pair’s final installment. “It was as bitter and as sweet. And it was as celebratory as you can be while still being a little sad.” How will Knope cope without her best friend? Status: Unclear. In the meantime, Leslie (Amy Poehler) will attempt to send off Ann with an over-the-big-top bash and to make good on an old promise, while Ben (Adam Scott), Ron (Nick Offerman), and Andy (Chris Pratt) find that giving a goodbye gift to Chris is harder than they thought. What else can you expect from this farewell episode, titled “Ann and Chris”? Schur dropped 15 hints to EW: READ FULL STORY
Rashida Jones is going from Pawnee to the PD.
The Parks and Recreation actress, who is departing the NBC series, has signed on to star in a TBS comedy pilot from Steve Carell, a.k.a. her former co-star on The Office. Tribeca is a police procedural satire set at LAPD’s RHCU (Really Heinous Crimes Unit), and Jones will star as Angie Tribeca, a strong-willed lone-wolf veteran of the force who is unhappy to learn that she’ll have to start working with a partner. READ FULL STORY
After the TCA session for Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Fox’s new comedy starring Andy Samberg and Andre Braugher, co-creator/executive producer Michael Schur addressed the hot topic from that other show he co-created and executive produces, Parks and Recreation: The departures of Rob Lowe and Rashida Jones after the 13th episode of this season. He elaborated on his statement from yesterday, explaining how the decision came about and how it will impact the show: READ FULL STORY
Esquire Network (the re-branded G4 channel) debuts this fall with several original series. But the one I’m most excited about is The Getaway (Sept. 25 at 9 p.m.). From executive producer Anthony Bourdain and Zero Point Zero Production, each hour-long episode features a revolving cast of travel-loving celebs who take viewers on a tour of some of the world’s greatest cities. And since it’s the closest I’ll ever get to actually traveling with Joel McHale, I’ll gladly live vicariously through my DVR. A few of the participating celebrities had previously been announced, but check out the full cast of season 1 and a first-look video after the jump:
Of the many ways to make a baby, former lovers Chris (Rob Lowe) and Ann (Rashida Jones) have chosen the one that involves the least amount of sex. In Thursday’s episode of Parks and Recreation (NBC, 9 p.m.), Chris helps Ann move one step closer to realizing her dream of being with child when they visit a fertility clinic, where Chris will need to, you know, provide a sample.
Check out the clip below to see how this non-couple (who are getting back together at one point, right?) handle the big moment. Elsewhere in the episode, Leslie (Amy Poehler) discovers that Jerry (Jim O’Heir) is retiring, and Tom (Aziz Ansari) now fears that he will become the split-pants butt of all jokes in the office. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Arrow' boss talks 'Seeing Red' shocker
- 'Survivor' recap: The Spy Who Shacked Me
- 'American Idol' recap: Release the rockers
- 'Survivor': 4 Q's for Jeff Probst
- 'Arrow' react: 'Seeing Red'
- 'Jurassic World' First Look: 3 new photos
- Meg Ryan joins 'How I Met Your Dad' as narrator
- 'Orange Is the New Black': Watch how season 2 starts
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 659
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 508
- Slaves to Love 467
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 382
- Kenya Get Your Scepter 483
Top 5 Most Read
- 'How I Met Your Mother' spin-off casts Meg Ryan
- 'Jurassic World': See the first images from the set of next summer's dinosaur flick -- EXCLUSIVE
- A serious attempt to explain Avril Lavigne's 'Hello Kitty' music video
- 'Arrow' post mortem: Boss opens up about the shocking [spoiler]!
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show