Following Monday’s big Emmys tribute to Robin Williams, Kathy Bates revealed backstage that she had wanted to dedicate her Emmy win to the late comedian. She ended up being too nervous on stage to express that message. “I really wanted to say, ‘I won this time. This is for you,'” Bates said, before recalling a run-in with the comedian that had a huge impact on her.
Tag: Robin Williams (1-5 of 5)
In honor of Robin Williams, Disney will air Aladdin across several networks over the weekend.
Last September, EW‘s Lynette Rice sat down with Robin Williams to discuss his big return to network television. The series, which premiered 31 years after Mork & Mindy made the comedian a household name, was The Crazy Ones, a single-camera comedy about a brilliant, unfiltered ad exec (Williams, naturally) who runs an agency with his more uptight daughter (Sarah Michelle Gellar). The interview is poignant in light of both the fact that Williams’ televised comeback was short-lived—CBS declined to pick up The Crazy Ones for a second season, and its last episode aired April 17, 2014—and, more importantly, the actor’s sudden death Monday.
Listen to the interview—in which Williams describes Mork as “an arranged marriage” and trades quips with Gellar—below: READ FULL STORY
It’s been 32 years since sitcom Mork and Mindy ended and as a result, Pam Dawber and Robin Williams stopped gracing our television screens together. But now, the two are pairing up for a reunion on CBS comedy The Crazy Ones later this season.
“It will be a joy to work with her again,” Williams said in a statement. “It’s a dream come true.” In the episode, Williams’ Simon Roberts will go on a date with an eccentric author, played by Dawber. “I’m so excited to be able to see and work with Robin again,” Dawber said.
- Blythe Danner joins NBC's 'The Slap'
- 'Wet Hot American Summer' for Hamm, Wiig
- 'Stieg Larsson's Millennium' book in August
- 'Harry Potter' arrives on Oyster ebook service
- Domino's slams 'Fifty Shades'-style ad leak
- Depp a no-show? Blame feisty chupacabra
- Tyler James Williams joins CBS spinoff series
- 'Ghostbusters' reboot set for July 22, 2016
- 'Steve Jobs' finalizes cast, begins filming
- Christopher Reeve's son joins 'SportsCenter'
- Katie Holmes back on TV in 'Ray Donovan'
- 'Game of Thrones' IMAX ticket sales surge