Frank Underwood is back to teach viewers a thing or two about courage.
Tag: Robin Wright (1-2 of 2)
Robin Wright won the Golden Globe for Best Actress in a TV Series, Drama for her work in House of Cards. She beat out fellow nominees Julianna Margulies, Tatiana Maslany, Taylor Schilling, and Kerry Washington.
Once on stage, Wright referenced Merritt Wever’s memorable Emmy acceptance speech and her desire to do the same before thanking David Fincher for convincing her to do the show, as well as Netflix. After flashing a little bit of what appeared to be tape (to hold her dress in place), Wright wrapped up with, “Thank you everybody; I really appreciate this. Thanks.”
In addition to her Golden Globe win, Wright just picked up some more hardware: an engagement ring from fiancé Ben Foster. Backstage at the Globes, when Wright was congratulated on all her news, she said, “I’m shocked right now. Don’t know what’s going on exactly. It’s so new. We’re still talking about where, when, how. And I couldn’t be happier.”
Check out the full list of winners here.
–Additional reporting by Katie Atkinson
- 'American Sniper' is No. 1 again: $64.4M
- Rihanna's new song with Kanye, McCartney
- 'Birdman,' 'Lego' win Producers Guild Awards
- 'The Bronze,' 2 more films sold at Sundance
- Julia Roberts on board for 'Batkid' movie
- Gymnastic sex scene scores '10' at Sundance
- Netflix: See what's new for February
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2': No role for Ronan
- 'Fifty Shades': THAT scene won't be in film
- 'Hateful Eight' supporting cast revealed
- 'MasterChef Junior' chimp scene won't air
- Sophie Turner as Jean Grey in next 'X-Men'