Since leaving her gig as anchor of CNN’s Starting Point in February, news veteran Soledad O’Brien has been on quest to redefine what it means to be a high-quality journalist in the modern age of media. In addition to her recently announced role as a Special Correspondent on Al Jazeera America’s America Tonight, 2013 has O’Brien working on documentaries with CNN, producing content for National Geographic, continuing work on her groundbreaking Black in America series and finding a home for Latinos in America. This is all while appearing on Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel, looking into developing scripted projects, and working with HBO. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Soledad O'Brien (1-3 of 3)
Soledad O’Brien is joining fellow Today show alum Bryant Gumbel at HBO’s Real Sports.
HBO said Wednesday that O’Brien will be a reporter on the monthly magazine show, which is anchored by Gumbel. Her first story, due this month, is about war veterans who use martial arts to help cope with post-traumatic stress disorder.
“It’s exactly what I’ve been doing for a long time – telling stories about human beings and their struggles,” O’Brien said. READ FULL STORY
Amidst rumors of a shake-up on the American Idol judging panel, we’ve tried to brainstorm potential great performers who could breathe new life into the show. EW’s resident American Idol expert Annie Barrett stressed in her analysis that any good judge has to tell it like it is and not be a mouthpiece for producers. So after hearing Eve talk candidly with Soledad O’Brien Tuesday night at the XX Project Salon Session, we couldn’t help but wonder if the rapper/songwriter would make a good judge for the competition.
READ FULL STORY
- 'Birdman' wins Best Cast at SAG Awards
- 'Orange,' 'Downton' casts win SAG Awards
- 'American Sniper' is No. 1 again: $64.4M
- Miss Colombia crowned Miss Universe 2015
- SAG Awards highlights: We live-blogged it
- Rihanna's new song with Kanye, McCartney
- 'Birdman,' 'Lego' win Producers Guild Awards
- Gymnastic sex scene scores '10' at Sundance
- Netflix: See what's new for February
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2': No role for Ronan
- 'Hateful Eight' supporting cast revealed
- 'Fifty Shades': THAT scene won't be in film