Less than a week after the show’s debut, Starz has renewed LeBron James comedy Survivor’s Remorse for season 2.
Tag: Survivor's Remorse (1-2 of 2)
And it’s a slam dunk for executive producer LeBron James.
Starz has officially picked up Survivor’s Remorse, a half-hour comedy from James, Tom Werner, Mike O’Malley, Maverick Carter, and Paul Wachter. Written by O’Malley, Survivor’s Remorse will explore what happens when an athlete leaves the world of professional basketball behind.
“Ever since I got cut from the freshman hoop team at Bishop Guertin High School in 1980, I’ve wanted to write about my love and hatred of basketball,” O’Malley said in a press release. “Starz has given us great freedom to explore an authentic world inspired by Maverick and LeBron. Tom’s legendary TV career and his experiences as a professional sports owner combined with Paul’s wealth of business and entertainment industry relationships have given this team a truly strong foundation to build a successful series.”
The series will focus in on Cam Calloway, a young 20-something who’s thrown into the basketball world with a multimillion-dollar contract. From “opportunistic family members” to the ups and downs of stardom, Cam and his cousin Reggie will have to face everything that comes along with being a well-known professional athlete.
Survivor’s Remorse is set to debut its six-episode first season in the fall.
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': $123M opening weekend
- Cosby accused by ex-comedy club manager
- Cher cancels 'Dressed to Kill' tour dates
- Natalie Dormer: More 'Thrones' male nudity
- Adam Pally to end run as 'Mindy' regular
- Tina Fey-produced series to Netflix from NBC
- 'Homeland' casts B'way star in surprise role
- Xmas TV movie weekend: What's on when
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': EW movie review
- 'Better Call Saul' gets two-night premiere