Less than a week after the show’s debut, Starz has renewed LeBron James comedy Survivor’s Remorse for season 2.
Tag: Survivor's Remorse (1-2 of 2)
And it’s a slam dunk for executive producer LeBron James.
Starz has officially picked up Survivor’s Remorse, a half-hour comedy from James, Tom Werner, Mike O’Malley, Maverick Carter, and Paul Wachter. Written by O’Malley, Survivor’s Remorse will explore what happens when an athlete leaves the world of professional basketball behind.
“Ever since I got cut from the freshman hoop team at Bishop Guertin High School in 1980, I’ve wanted to write about my love and hatred of basketball,” O’Malley said in a press release. “Starz has given us great freedom to explore an authentic world inspired by Maverick and LeBron. Tom’s legendary TV career and his experiences as a professional sports owner combined with Paul’s wealth of business and entertainment industry relationships have given this team a truly strong foundation to build a successful series.”
The series will focus in on Cam Calloway, a young 20-something who’s thrown into the basketball world with a multimillion-dollar contract. From “opportunistic family members” to the ups and downs of stardom, Cam and his cousin Reggie will have to face everything that comes along with being a well-known professional athlete.
Survivor’s Remorse is set to debut its six-episode first season in the fall.
- 'Mockingjay': 2014's top movie presale tix
- Dean Norris as 'American Dad' guest voice
- Anne Rice posts 'Prince Lestat' excerpt
- Seth Rogen as Apple pioneer Steve Wozniak?
- Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie series to AMC
- Paul Reubens says Pee-wee movie is on
- 'Arrested Development': A season 4 remix?
- Hulu picks up Jason Reitman series 'Casual'
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7
- Lily Rabe's 'AHS: Asylum' nun in 'Freak Show'