When Agent Peggy Carter makes the transition to television this winter on both Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter, a few Howling Commandos and Strategic Scientific Reserve agents will join her. And with the latest addition to Agent Carter‘s cast, an important figure has been added that should tether the series even more firmly into the Marvel cinematic universe.
Tag: The Avengers (1-2 of 2)
Joss Whedon might be coming back to TV. ABC has ordered a pilot from Marvel TV executive produced by Whedon titled S.H.I.E.L.D.
The project is set in the same universe as Whedon’s Avengers film and follows the law enforcement group headed by Nick Fury. The pilot will be written by Whedon and his brother Jed, along with Maurissa Tancharoen. Deadline reports that Whedon also might direct the pilot too.
In the Marvel universe, S.H.I.E.L.D stands for which stands for the Strategic Hazard Intervention Espionage Logistics Directorate (or Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division). Production on the pilot is expected to begin ASAP.
- 'Birdman' wins Best Cast at SAG Awards
- 'Orange,' 'Downton' casts win SAG Awards
- 'American Sniper' is No. 1 again: $64.4M
- Miss Colombia crowned Miss Universe 2015
- SAG Awards highlights: We live-blogged it
- Rihanna's new song with Kanye, McCartney
- 'Birdman,' 'Lego' win Producers Guild Awards
- Gymnastic sex scene scores '10' at Sundance
- Netflix: See what's new for February
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2': No role for Ronan
- 'Hateful Eight' supporting cast revealed
- 'Fifty Shades': THAT scene won't be in film