FX and its younger sister channel FXX announced several premiere dates for new and returning original series this summer, including the second season of The Bridge and the premiere of The Strain from Academy Award-nominated filmmaker Guillermo del Toro. READ FULL STORY
Tag: The Bridge (1-2 of 2)
FX’s acclaimed new drama series The Bridge got off to a solid start in the ratings Monday night.
The premiere airing delivered 3 million viewers, with another 1.1 million viewers for its encore for a total of 4.1 million. That’s about on par with the series premiere of The Americans (4.2 million) back in January and a bit further below the series premiere of American Horror Story (5 million) in 2011.
Still, it’s in the ballpark for FX and the network has to be pleased with the show’s reviews. “We could not be prouder of this amazing series which has garnered such incredible critical recognition,” said John Landgraf, CEO, FX Networks. “Meredith Stiehm and Elwood Reid have delivered a rich tapestry of intrigue and passion, and a story fraught with tension and suspense. And we’re so lucky to have Demian Bichir and Diane Kruger who so convincingly and appealingly embody their roles.”
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Xmas release
- 'Interview': No DVD, VOD plans at Sony
- 'Interview' derailed: Celebs tweet reactions
- Steve Carell's North Korea-set movie off
- 'Orphan Black' sets return date, debuts teaser
- Amy Brenneman returning to 'Reign'
- Manu Bennett joins cast of MTV's 'Shannara'
- 'Star Wars VII': 10 things Andy Serkis can say
- 'Mythbusters' to put 'Simpsons' to the test
- 'Annie' movie review: An autotune disaster
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks