Syfy and Universal Cable Productions announced that they have cast Jason Ralph and Sosie Bacon in the television adaptation of Lev Grossman’s book series, The Magicians.
Tag: The Magicians (1-3 of 3)
Syfy announced on Wednesday that it is moving forward with a pilot for The Magicians, an adaptation of Lev Grossman’s fantasy series, Deadline reports. The pilot was written by John McNamara (Prime Suspect) and Sera Gamble (Supernatural), with Michael London and Janice Williams onboard to produce.
Perhaps best described as Harry Potter for adults, The Magicians is the first book in a series focused on high-schooler Quentin Coldwater, who is surprised when he’s admitted to an exclusive college to study magic in upstate New York. While studying at the prestigious magic school, he and his friends indulge in drugs, sex, and alcohol. Upon graduation, Quentin and his friends move to New York City, where they find out that the Narnia-like world they read about as children is in fact very real.
This is the second time that a network has attempted to adapt Grossman’s best-selling series. In 2011, a pilot was in the works at Fox with London signed on as producer, but Fox decided to not pick up the series.
The Magician’s Land, the third and final installment in the series, is due to be published on August 5.
- Kate Upton is People 'Sexiest Woman Alive'
- People Magazine Awards: What stars wore
- People Magazine Award winners are...
- 'Parenthood' series finale date: Jan. 29
- Sony quickly pulls YouTube 'Interview' trailer
- Sony hack probe yields clues on method
- 'Serial' finale: Sarah Koenig rests her case
- 'Once Upon a Time' return for Eion Bailey
- 'Team America' screenings canceled
- 'Star Wars VII': 10 things Andy Serkis can say
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks