Yesterday, we got a look at the trailer for E!’s first ever scripted drama, The Royals, and the life of Queen Helena (Elizabeth Hurley), who has her hands full trying to keep her royal children’s names—and sometimes, their body parts—out of the tabloids. But behind every powerful woman is the powerful woman who raised her, and for Helena, that’s the Grand Duchess of Oxford, played by Dynasty star Joan Collins.
Tag: The Royals (1-5 of 5)
From one Dynasty to another: Joan Collins is joining E!’s first scripted series, The Royals.
The upcoming hour-long drama follows a fictional British royal family through life in 21st-century London. Collins will appear as the Duchess of Oxford and mother to Elizabeth Hurley’s Queen Helena. According to People, the Duchess of Oxford is described as “the only woman in the world more formidable and imposing” than her daughter, the Grand Duchess will enter the show with “an entourage and an agenda.”
The Royals is set to premiere in 2015.
E! is taking its first dive into scripted television with upcoming series The Royals — and by the looks of its latest teaser, this show could be the next Gossip Girl.
The Royals follows Queen Helena (Elizabeth Hurley), who tries to protect her family’s image all the while living a life full of parties and secrets the media can never know about. Vincent Regan, William Moseley, Alexandra Park, Tom Austen, Jake Maskall, Ukweli Roach, and Oliver Milburn also star, with One Tree Hill creator Mark Schwahn taking charge of writing and directing.
- 'Interview' 'will be distributed': Sony lawyer
- 'Hobbit' wins at weekend box office: $56.2M
- Mike Myers makes surprise visit to 'SNL'
- Sony hires real-life inspiration for Olivia Pope
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- Madonna releases six tracks from 2015 album
- 'Amazing Race' season 25 winners are...
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks