Don’t click through if you don’t want a SPOILER about last night’s installment of The X Factor. The show’s third eliminated act chats with EW after the jump: READ FULL STORY
Tag: The X Factor (79-91 of 132)
Two bits of X Factor scoopage: You may have heard that Willow Smith is performing Thursday night on Fox’s hit reality competition. But EW has learned that Brit singer-songwriter Jessie J is also appearing on the show.
Not only that, but tomorrow’s live Factor results show will have the Top 11 finalists performing songs from hit movies.
Jessie J will perform her second U.S. single “Domino” while Smith will perform “Fireball.” Jessie J just made waves in the UK papers yesterday for — get this — knocking UK’s version of The X Factor. She called the Brit version “bitchy” and instead has agreed to be a mentor on a new BBC singing competition called … The Voice — the UK version of the reality format that NBC launched earlier this year. Well, on this side of the pond, Fox has Jessie J all to themselves.
America has spoken, and the massive kid-pop experiment that was InTENsity was the first sent packing from The X Factor last night. Eleven acts remain, and their mentors are going to face some tough decisions in the coming weeks.
In the meantime, Simon Cowell, L.A. Reid, Paula Abdul, Nicole Scherzinger, and even host Steve Jones spoke with EW after last night’s show to discuss the latest drama both on and off the stage. The judges weighed in on tough eliminations, contestant controversies, and what’s next for InTENsity, but poor Paula couldn’t fit a word in without Simon and L.A. breaking out into fits of giggles. READ FULL STORY
The X Factor will return.
Fox is doubling down on Simon Cowell’s lavish reality series, picking up the show for a second season. Though X Factor is an expensive production and ratings have been less than what analysts (including Cowell) expected, the show has averaged more than 13 million viewers when including DVR playback. Overall, X Factor has ranked as fall’s top reality show and has also boosted Fox’s Wednesday and Thursday nights by 37 and 41 percent, respectively, in the key adult demo.
“The X Factor is a monumental success,” said Fox’s president of alternative Mike Darnell. “It’s won every night it’s been on the air, the talent is phenomenal, the live shows are spectacular and picking it up is a complete no-brainer. Simon and his team have done an incredible job with the show.” READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Lost' series finale: Carlton Cuse looks back
- 'Animal': Feast your eyes on horror poster/trailer
- Record Store Day: Droolworthy discs
- 'Scandal': Is Rowan or Cyrus the biggest creep?
- 'Petals on the Wind': First Look trailer
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- 'Castle' goes '70s: Foxy Lanie!
- Johnny Depp: 20 hair dos and don'ts
Top 5 Most Read
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer teases what's next for Margaery
- Lindsay Lohan says 'sex list' is real, but there's an unfortunate reason…