Two and Half Men has shut down production for the remainder of the season in the wake of Charlie Sheen’s latest rants about executive producer Chuck Lorre. But what about the long term future of the show? Will it ever come back? Would it carry on without Sheen? Will he even be able to land another job at this point? And how’s poor Jon Cryer dealing with all of this? Our own Lynette Rice, who has been on the set of the show, breaks down where it all goes from here as she joins Annie Barrett, Tim Stack and me on the latest edition of the InsideTV Podcast. Lynette will also help us sort through some of the big pilots already in the works (Wonder Woman, Charlie’s Angels, Sarah Michelle Gellar’s Ringer) for the next fall TV season. READ FULL STORY »
Tag: Two and a Half Men (105-117 of 128)
After fanning the flames of his growing feud with Charlie Sheen last week with a post-episode vanity card that took aim at his star’s wild lifestyle, Two and Half Men producer Chuck Lorre has dialed it down a notch.
Lorre announced on Monday following an episode of Mike & Molly that he would “take a break for a few weeks” from writing his post-episode cards, saying he would instead “display a photograph of a part of my body that is entirely innocuous.” “No longer will I share some troublesome piece of my mind. Now I will share an actual piece of Chuck that is incapable of offending anyone,” he said, including a picture of his elbow to begin his new (temporary) tradition. READ FULL STORY »
If you’re outraged by Charlie Sheen’s interviews today, here’s one fact that might make you feel better: The actor won’t get paid for the axed Two and a Half Men episodes.
Sources say Sheen will not receive his estimated $1.2 million per-episode salary for the remaining four half-hours that CBS had commissioned from Warner Bros. (There were originally eight episodes left in the season, but CBS reduced the order after the show went on a production hiatus so Sheen could seek treatment.) Sheen is currently ranked the highest-paid actor on TV. READ FULL STORY »
CBS and Warner Bros. have had enough.
The companies are pulling the plug on the highly rated Two and a Half Men after Charlie Sheen’s shocking Thursday interviews.
“Based on the totality of Charlie Sheen’s statements, conduct and condition, CBS and Warner Bros. Television have decided to discontinue production of Two and a Half Men for the remainder of the season,” the companies said in a statement. READ FULL STORY »
Charlie Sheen ripped Two and a Half Men co-creator Chuck Lorre — as well as Alcoholics Anonymous and women he parties with — in a stunning live radio rant Thursday, and then followed up a few hours later with a reported second rant to TMZ directed at Lorre specifically.
Calling into the Alex Jones Show radio program according to TMZ, Sheen called the executive producer of his hit TV show a “clown” and said his real name is “Haim Levine” (Lorre was born Charles Michael Levine).
“I didn’t care about that vanity card, I went straight home and dispelled that, that was actually one of the few compliments that clown has paid me in frickin’ almost a decade,” Sheen says of the vanity card Lorre ran after the Feb. 14 episode of Men, saying he will be pissed if Sheen outlives him. “I embarrassed him in front of his children and the world by healing at a pace that this un-evolved mind cannot process. I’ve spent, I think, close to the last decade, I don’t know, effortlessly and magically converting your tin can into pure gold. And the gratitude I get is this charlatan chose not to do his job, which is to write.” READ FULL STORY »
Charlie Sheen’s time off for rehabilitation is coming to an end.
Two and A Half Men will resume production on Feb. 28, EW has learned. The studio, which produces the No. 1 comedy for CBS, will only make 4 more episodes of Men before wrapping its seventh season — 4 fewer episodes than what was originally promised to the network. READ FULL STORY »
Charlie Sheen is ready to go back to work on his CBS show. Well, at least according to Charlie Sheen. The actor called into The Dan Patrick Show this morning, saying, among other things, that he was clean and ready for production to start up again.
“We are on forced hiatus. They said, ‘You get ready and we’ll get ready.’ And I got ready and went back and nobody’s there,” he said, joking that he’d gone to set and banged on the door. “I’m here and I’m ready. They’re not. Bring it, you know?” READ FULL STORY »
pay only one-third of the crew’s salaries on Two and A Half Men while he’s undergoing treatment: Bankrolling 300-some workers doesn’t come cheap.It’s becoming clear why Charlie Sheen reportedly offered to
EW has learned that it costs anywhere from $300,000 to $400,000 per episode to pay the camera operators, grips, set decorators, electricians, painters, costumers and crafts services folk who help produce an episode of Men each week. If the comedy remains dark for all of February, that could mean the loss of up four episodes. Even if Sheen only paid the one third he’s offered, he’d owe anywhere from $400,000 to $530,000.
Under the terms of his new two-year deal with Warner Bros. TV, Sheen earns roughly $1.2 million an episode — which, by the way, is approximately how much it would cost for him to cover the crew’s entire bill. (His spokesman did not respond to a request seeking comment). It remains unclear whether Warner Bros. TV and CBS will grant Sheen’s request to help split the bill for the out-of-work crew, who are considered freelancers. The studio is under no obligation to compensate the workers whenever Men is dark. It also shut down production to accommodate Sheen.
CBS has one more original of Men that it will air on Feb. 14.
If TV’s No. 1 comedy resumes production at the end of the month, there still may be time to complete most, if not all, of the eight episodes left in the studio’s obligation to CBS. So the crew won’t lose any money from the unplanned break, which began last Tuesday. Still, everything depends on whether Warner Bros. TV and creator/executive producer Chuck Lorre believe Sheen is ready to return — only they can decide when production resumes.
stay-at-home rehab, 300 or so cast and crew members are sitting idle because Two and A Half Men didn’t resume production today in Burbank, CA. Stars like Jon Cryer and Angus T. Jones — both of whom signed rich new pacts recently with Warner Bros. TV — will likely get paid whether or not they’re working, but it’s different for the show’s crew members, who are considered freelance workers.With Charlie Sheen reportedly undergoing
As a result, the studio is under no obligation to pay the Men crew, but some insiders suggest that it sure would be nice if Sheen did — especially in the wake of the extravagant expenditures for less noble pursuits by TV’s highest-paid star. (And hey, it wouldn’t be the first time the star of a show paid the salaries for his out-of-work minions. All the late night hosts covered the paychecks for their crews during the early days of the 2007-08 Writers Strike).
How long the Men crew goes without a paycheck depends on Sheen, who’s reportedly undergoing treatment at home with the help of experts, according to People. “Charlie has put together a team that he trusts to help get him sober once and for all,” says Mark Burg, Sheen’s manager who is also a producer of Two and a Half Men. READ FULL STORY »
- Oklahoma fund-raiser on NBC May 29
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- Stone Temple Pilots suit vs. Scott Weiland
- Tom Cruise exits 'Man from U.N.C.L.E.'
- 'Arrested Development': Ask the 'kids'
- 'American Idol' mulling alums as judges?
- Mariah Carey swears, dress slips on 'GMA'
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!