Inside TV Exclusive TV News and Scoop

Tag: Who Wants to be a Millionaire (1-4 of 4)

Terry Crews named new host of 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire'

Ex-NFL player and current Brooklyn Nine-Nine star Terry Crews has officially been named the new host of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

“I’m beyond thrilled to be joining Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and the Disney-ABC family,” Crews said in a statement. “Millionaire is such a beloved franchise and I can’t wait to get started as the new host. In addition to my film projects including Blended, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and now being a first time author, hosting has always been a dream of mine, and I couldn’t have asked for a greater opportunity.”

Crews, who is taking over for departing host Cedric “The Entertainer,” will join the show at the start of its 13th season in the fall of 2014.

Cedric the Entertainer leaving 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire'

Cedric the Entertainer is leaving the syndicated game show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire after only one season as host, EW has confirmed. He replaced Meredith Vieira, who left last year after hosting the show for 11 years.

Cedric cited the show moving its production to Connecticut and his schedule as part of the reason for his exit. “With the many television and film projects that I have going on which shoot and promote in various parts of the country, a production-base in Connecticut would make it quite difficult to maneuver the many moving parts on my plate,” he said in a statement. “So, after much thought and some serious conversations with senior executives at the studio, I decided to let Disney-ABC know that, unfortunately, I’m not able to continue on as host.”

Disney-ABC, which distributes the show, said in a statement: “Cedric is a tremendous talent and we’d like to thank him for infusing his unique brand of humor and entertainment into the show. It has been an absolute pleasure working with him on Millionaire this year — we’ll certainly miss him.” READ FULL STORY

Meredith Vieira to leave 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire'

Meredith Vieira will not renew her contract to host ABC’s Who Wants to be a Millionaire.

A spokesperson from ABC parent Disney confirmed that they have shot all of the shows for this season with Vieira, which will air through the end of May. During the summer, they will air repeats in preparation for a new season this coming fall. There are no reports yet on who the new host might be. Reuters first reported the news.

Vieira took over as host of the syndicated version of the popular game show in 2002, for which she won two Daytime Emmys as Outstanding Game Host. This was her eleventh season hosting Millionaire. She was also an executive producer on the program.

READ FULL STORY

Disney loses $319 million 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' verdict... final answer

A federal appeals court on Monday upheld a $319 million verdict over profits from the game show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire and rejected Walt Disney Co.’s request for a new trial.

A jury decided in 2010 that Disney hid the show’s profits from its creators, London-based Celador International. The ruling Monday by a three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals found no issues with the verdict or with a judge’s rulings in the case.

“I am pleased that justice has been done,” Celador Chairman Paul Smith said in a statement.

Disney did not immediately comment on the decision. READ FULL STORY

Advertisement

Latest Videos in TV

TV Recaps

Powered by WordPress.com VIP