Welcome to the Spoiler Room, a safe place for spoiler addicts to come on a weekly basis to learn what’s coming next on their favorite shows and, hopefully, get a few of their own questions answered. If you want scoop on a specific show, send your questions to email@example.com.
Tag: You're the Worst (1-2 of 2)
Suggested alternate title: Love in the Time of Cynicism.
From the moment you see Jimmy Shive-Overly (Chris Geere) taking pictures of his junk during a wedding toast, it’s pretty clear You’re the Worst doesn’t celebrate Valentine’s Day. To wit, Jimmy is mid-waltz with the bride—his ex—when he informs her he’s only come to her wedding to gawk at the imminent “disaster” of love and marriage.
The surly new half-hour rom-com from Stephen Falk (Orange Is the New Black) presents a challenge for itself by offering up a character like Jimmy as its entrée into the series. Despite audiences’ seemingly insatiable appetite for antiheroes in basic-cable dramas, it’s fairly rare to lead a comedy with someone kind of awful (Worst‘s FX sibling Louie has been blazing that trail to much acclaim). How are viewers meant to fall in love with Jimmy, who’s as reactive as he is bitter? And, more importantly, how are they to believe a woman would fall in love with him? READ FULL STORY
- Disney sets 'Moana' as '16 animated feature
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack on tape
- 'Glee' team's horror comedy a go at Fox
- 'Mulaney' order cut to 13 episodes
- Bethenny Frankel back on 'Real Housewives'
- 'Simpsons World' app to launch Oct. 21
- 'Sleepy Hollow' casts Max Brown as...?
- 'Arrow' casts Vinnie Jones as villain Brick
- Key & Peele movie deal with New Line
- Larry King posts random thoughts on Twitter